Articles & Press
StartupNation.com Honors Nation’s Leading Moms in Business
The Girly Baby Boutique Wins Top Honors in Mom Business Competition
Baytown, TX – 5/7/2014– From among contestants across the United States, The Girly Baby Boutique has been ranked 90 in StartupNation.com’s 2014 Top 100 Leading Moms in Business competition (www.startupnation.com/leading-moms-in-business).
Hundreds of thousands of votes have been cast in the annual competition, and this year’s flurry of popular support of the 2014 Top 100 contestants was no exception. America has once again demonstrated its immense interest and supportiveness for moms building businesses as they also tend to their families.
“With startup rates at an all-time high, these leading moms are leading the pack in startup rates,” says Rich Sloan, chief startupologist and co-founder of StartupNation. “They’re going after their business opportunities and developing their innovative products and services with fervor,” Sloan adds.
Christy Myres is honored and proud to be recognized as one of the nation’s top leading moms in business. The winner’s profile for The Girly Baby Boutique can be found at http://www.startupnation.com/leading-moms-in-business/PROFILE.php?ID=12708.
The 2014 Top 100 Leading Moms in Business ranking highlights some of the dominant trends, motivations and attributes among moms in business. They include:
• A great eye for providing attractive discounts, coupons, savings and value, all especially important to consumer moms of the recession era.
• A likelihood to come up with innovative products and solutions to address the challenging maze of motherhood. It’s an environment that demands resourcefulness.
• Conscience-driven business, where “doing well” is just fine, but the real rush comes from doing good.
• The attraction of being your own boss looms large for moms wanting to take control they just can’t find in a day job.
• Sustainable solutions and responsible business practices are increasingly paramount.
• Making the most of social media for business benefit is seemingly a birthright for the socially adept moms.
The full results of the 2014 Top 100 Leading Moms in Business ranking are available on StartupNation’s website at http://www.startupnation.com/leading-moms-in-business/.
StartupNation (www.startupnation.com) provides over 100,000 pages of business advice and networking for entrepreneurs and serves millions of entrepreneurs annually. StartupNation is a service founded by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs with the intention of providing a one-stop shop for entrepreneurial success, including articles, community forums, blogs from a host of experts, radio show, award-winning step-by-step advice, and more.
StartupNation co-founders, Rich Sloan and Jeff Sloan, are two of the country’s leading small business experts. The Sloan brothers speak frequently at entrepreneurial forums and recently hosted a Public Television special helping people transform their passions into business opportunities. They are authors of StartupNation: Open for Business, published by Doubleday. The Sloan brothers are regularly quoted and featured in media such as The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune Small Business, Entrepreneur Magazine, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, FOX News and many others.
For more information, press only:
For StartupNation, contact Jeff Sloan via email at jeff@StartupNation.com.
For The Girly Baby Boutique contact Christy Myres at email@example.com, 866-850-9292.
Back to Articles